Monday, November 26, 2012

December book selection: Member's choice!


Hi Thursday Night Book Club!

Happy Chrismahanukwanzakah (hopefully that covers all the bases)! 



Since the holidays tend to be all kinds of crazy, we're going to do a digital meet up for December. You can choose any book that you want (holiday themed or not) and then share it in the comments below. You can include whatever you want (obviously please include title and author). As for discussion you can post on anything  you want in regards to the book, whether it be how much you liked it, a link to it, or answer some of the previous discussion questions about the book.

Please try to get them all in by December 31st, 2012. That way we can all check them out.


That's it. Easy peasy. Merry Christmas. Happy Hanukkah. Happy Kwanzaa  Happy holidays! And most importantly, happy reading!

Share your books below...

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Book clubbers! This is a great idea. I'm just a few pages into "Falling" by Jolene Perry, and it is an easy read so far. A lot of times with YA, the characters seem like they were all raised by the Amish. They are so sexually innocent, which is terribly unrealistic. I love that Ms. Perry adds real and raw sexuality! That's my kind of YA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Awesome! Thanks so much for sharing Henry! You know, I haven't read a single Jolene Perry book, but I really want to. It sounds amazing, and I really love edgy novels.

      Delete
  2. For my book, I read Easy, by Tammara Webber. This book was amazing. I know I always tend to steer towards young adult books, but this one was actually NA. I'd put off reading it for so long because it deals with some tough topics, one of which is rape.

    Normally, when I read, I want to be taken away from all of the realistic, horrible things in the world that I can read about if I just pull up a news site. But Easy covered the topic in a graceful, serious, and female-empowered way.

    I recommend this book to anyone looking for an engaging, enthralling, and edgy read. Also, be prepared to fall in love with Lucas. Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete